Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Simple enough, right?

I was talking to my counseling lady about PT and how I felt like I was being bullied by the therapist.  Well, maybe bullied is not the right term to use.  She was having me do something, I can't remember exactly what, and I had a meltdown.  Now, I'm a grown woman and I know how to act in public, but this was at the height of my anxiety ridden time and I had jut been to see my regular doc about that the day before.  I wasn't trying to garner sympathy.  At all.  But I felt like "geez Louise, let up a little bit lady".  And that's not usually the real me.  The real me, underneath all of this angst, doesn't crumble.  She forges on.  But I told her about being treated for anxiety and depression, and I noticed a change in the way she handles our sessions now.  I get a lot more encouragement, and I am making strides.


PT has been a blessing to me, even though it has been incredibly hard at times.  It has helped me go from not wanting ANYONE to touch my knee at all, to where I am right now.  I no longer gasp, swear, cry, or say "Oh, God" in the therapy gym.  That's not to say I am not being challenged...I still get sweaty palms and am frequently out of breath from nervousness.  But, the therapist and I can actually laugh now, and she tells me every time that I have done a good job.  She thinks that the only thing holding me back now is trusting my knee.  {Gosh that sounds simple enough.  You'd think I could just hop right up and do that.}  But I have bad days where I slip into thinking "How the hell am I going to do this?"  I guess the answer is I just keep trying.  It really is simple enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment