Sunday, April 16, 2023

Its a great life...

 ...if you don't weaken.  Something Mark used to always say.  He wasn't one to feel pity for himself or stay down in the dumps for long.  I would label him an optimist, for sure.  No telling how he would have handled being a widower, though.


Dylan found this pic of me on an SD card in Mark's camera.  Something I tossed into a bin of electronics not realizing it might have photos on it.  It was 2019 and we were at a new-to-us winery, having a great time sitting outside and sipping wine.  It was the only photo like it on the card.  All the photos before that were a Christmas party with his office, and all the photos after that were the barn build-out.  A moment to pause, and he looked at me and thought to take a photo.
It was a great life, we had a great time the last few years we were together.
And I guess it can still be a great life, if I just don't give in to sorrow and weaken.


1 comment: