Saturday, June 1, 2024

Dream feelings #9

 Teddy:



     Someone handed me a ring and I understood it immediately to be an engagement ring from Mark.  (Not a memory of our previous engagement - a whole new one)  It was a flat, medium width band, in silver, with a brushed finish, and a single smallish diamond in the center. I thought: Why didn't Mark give this to me himself? I noticed it had a strange mechanism on it, like a sort of hook and eye that was designed to hold it together with another ring.  While I was googling about that to see how it worked I heard a baking and commotion just outside. I looked out through a door into a yard.  It was dark outside.  There was a porchlight illuminating the back of Mark who was wearing a tan coat and had a dog (Teddy?) on a leash. I turned away for a second and the barking and growling got louder, and I could tell there was a dog fight happening.  I heard Mark shout: "Ranger!* Retreat!".  I stood back in the doorway looking out into the night and Mark was nearer, throwing something heavy into the trashcan next to the door.  He said in a very anguished, loud voice "He's dead. Dead!". I heard Mark's voice very clearly, full of despair, and I could tell he was so upset.  The dream ended.  I felt very sad and as it was 4:30 a.m. I just went ahead and got up for the day.

There's so much for me to unpack here:
The details of the ring
Me thinking lately about what Chloe will do when Teddy dies
The neighbor's dog, Ranger, has barked and growled at me several times and I am so irritated with Joe, his owner.
A tan coat?
The emotion in Mark's voice
Were the dogs just a metaphor?  Dogs in my dreams = fear

Yuck. What a way to start my workweek.


2 comments:

  1. Well that is very interesting! Was the something heavy into the trash can one of the dogs? Dreams fascinate me. I hope your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling I got was that, yes, it was Teddy that he was disposing of. But it was Mark who died, and I am still trying to come to grips with that reality, one bit at a time. I think my brain is slowly catching up.

      Delete