Chloe came over one day to visit, and we were talking about the cell phone bill. While we were talking about phones, I told her that I had never cancelled the land line because, well... Mark set it up. Then it occurred to me that:
*it's my damn land line (so its my responsibility)
*he's not coming back to use it
*I don't own an actual land line phone
*I haven't faxed anyone in a long while (its 2026, after all)
*$127 a month is too much to pay for internet and something I don't use
this desk will look nice, painted and with a smaller scanner someday!
In my defense, the land line was something we had from when we bought the house. {And then we added a second one, but it got cancelled when all of the kids got cell phones.} When he started working from home he was forwarding the insurance agency's line to a multi-line phone with our phone line. Friends, that ended 5 years ago.
Would he be mad that I cancelled it? Does that even matter?
I'm still going to keep the scanner/printer/fax combo until it croaks, then I will buy a smaller one. But I don't need the expense of the landline. I really don't know why I didn't cancel it sooner. It took AT&T less than a day to disconnect it. I guess in my head I still hear Mark. But now its gone and I feel like I got a monthly raise.


Those were all very good reasons. One step at a time.
ReplyDelete
DeleteIts weird to me how these things are occurring to me over a long stretch of time, though. I guess it wasn't urgent enough!
You have had so much to deal with on top of work and daily life. Glad you got the monthly raise and they didn’t give you any hassle about it.
ReplyDeleteFor some of this stuff I wonder - why didn't I do that sooner?!
DeleteBetter late than never, right?
ReplyDeleteHolding onto your landline was another way to hold onto your memories and life before. If I could, I'd still have one because my dad worked for the telephone company. It's a connection, right?
ReplyDeletehttps://marshainthemiddle.com/